“At Suffah we strive to achieve excellence”
Suffah Primary School is a warm and caring community housed in a
building that incorporates the largest Mosque in West London. We are an
independent primary school Age 3-11. There are currently 158 pupils on
roll (including nursery).
Suffah Primary School is committed to providing a happy, secure and
attractive environment in which all members of our school community –
children, teachers, parents, staff and governors- work together in an
atmosphere of friendship, tolerance and understanding.
school Trustees are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated,
forward-looking and experienced Administrative assistant with Finance
- To assist in the management of an effective and efficient administrative office in an education establishment.
person appointed to this role will be expected to have enthusiasm and
commitment for improving the school within areas of their direct
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
SOME OF YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To undertake reception duties and deal with general enquiries from visitors, parents etc.
- To act as the first point of contact with parents on a range of matters.
provide administrative and secretarial support to the
Headteacher/Administration Manager including typing/word processing and
receiving telephone calls.
- To undertake administrative
duties in respect of pupil attendance, including following up of
individual absences, in accordance with school absence policy.
assist with the pastoral care of pupils, attending to their personal
and social needs as necessary and building and maintaining successful
relationships with them.
- To care for sick pupils and under
agreed school procedures to give first aid/medicine where necessary and
contacting parents as appropriate.
- Prepare orders for supplies through approved suppliers and for submission to line manager for authorisation
- Collect School Lunch monies and pass over to the Catering Manager on a weekly basis
- Collect School Fees and enter on the School Management and Fees System and chase up parents for late fees as required
- Aid the Administration Manager with the drawing up of Finance reports on a monthly basis
all goods and equipments, including stationary, raise purchase orders
and liaise with the Administration Manager as necessary
all invoices are attended to and paid in a timely manner, liaise with
companies as necessary and write up cheques for invoices as advised by
the Finance Team
- Contribute to safeguarding the welfare of children in the school
the security of property in a way that is consistent with your
organisation’s procedures and legal requirements, reporting any concerns
about safety and security to the appropriate person
What we can offer:
- OFSTED: ‘A good school with some outstanding features.’
- Welcoming, well behaved, talented and creative children who work with enthusiasm and passion
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to taking the school forward
Qualifications –Education to GCSE level with Maths and English at Grades A* - C or equivalent
School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and young people. This post is subject to enhanced DBS
How to Apply:
Contact the School Office for an application form on
For more information call - 0208 572 9817